Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

And Now A New Journey Begins...

October 8th, 2008 I posted my first post here at The Daily Dimwit. Through the past 5 years, it's been a fun trip through the hobby. I've enjoyed countless trades, group breaks, gift packages and random stuff showing up in my mail box. I hope I've sent a fair amount of the same out to you all as well. But as the saying goes, all good things come to an end. I've been overwhelmed with other things lately and collecting has definitely taken a back seat to the rest of my life. I still buy stuff now and then but my joy has slowly disappeared from the hobby. I have a desk full of stuff I have no idea how to get organized and a collection that, while focused on Astros past and present, is pretty aimless.

I've got a few trades to wrap up. Mainly with Matt (Cardboard Conundrum), Greg (Plaschke) and Chris (Nachos Grande). I'll probably keep some of my want lists up to date just in case bloggers out there stumble upon my page but there will be no more regular posts. I have tons of trade bait that I have no idea what to do with, maybe I'll just hang on to it all for the future. Maybe baseball card collecting will capture my imagination again and I'll re-start this blog. I do have a package to go to The Dutch Card Guy as well. I can and always will be able to be reached at my e-mail address (which isn't hard to find on this blog if you really need it.)

I want to thank all of you who have commented, shared, traded, bought, given, received, participated, enjoyed, hated, criticized, encouraged, read, watched, listened, e-mailed, won, lost or otherwise. You have made my blog enjoyable for the past 5 years. Baseball cards were my muse, you all were my audience. Hopefully the BOO's were few and the HURRAYS were plenty. I'll keep reading all the great blogs out there, I'd list them all but I would certainly leave someone out and I do not mean to offend.

Thanks again everyone. All good things must come to an end, and with that, I say goodnight.

19 comments:

  1. I hope your time away is just a hiatus. Maybe when your Astros become relevant in the standings again they'll help bring you back to us?

    Thanks and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thas dimwit! Best of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P-town Tom wrote "I hope your time away is just a hiatus." <-- Ditto that. I think every collector at one time or another loses interest in the hobby, some eventually come back while others move on. I know that there are 100s or 1,000s of things in life that are more important than card collecting. In my lifetime of collecting I have had many "off" times, Whether you return to the hobby or not have fun and good luck in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll still get all my Astros whenever you come to town ;)

    In all seriousness, THANK YOU. Thank you for getting me started collecting. Thank you for your generosity, your humor, your awesome breaks, and everything else. It was a joy and a pleasure my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. best of luck, Sam.....the whole point of this is to have fun....do what feels best for you. It's been a great read over the years and one of the most interactive blogs out there....just keep on keeping on and enjoy whatever comes next for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A shame to see you leave the blogosphere (hopefully just for now!). For now let me thanks you for all the group breaks you let me participate in and the special eBay service you have provided for me multiple times, it was really really appreciated !! Take care my friend, all the best to you and your family and hope to see you back at some point !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. Just don't close the collecting door all the way. There will come a time you will reopen it, maybe not all the way, and you will revamp your collection.
    KEEP ON COLLECTING!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a fun ride. I'll be contacting you to see if we can make at least one last trade as well. We wish you the best of luck, and if you do come back to blogging, at least you know we'll all welcome you back with open arms and treat you like you never left.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a package ready to go out in the mail for you so at least there's that as a "goodbye present" of sorts. You'll be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luckl man! Thanks for providing one of the best blogs around! See you on words...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to see you go, but thanks for being such a fantastic blogger and trader! In your honor, any future posts in which I slam Topps (i.e. most of them) will also get a mention of how they fail to include Astros.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad to hear this. Take care and stay in touch, man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sad to hear of your impending departure. Hope to see you back some day. And wish you the best of luck in all you attempt in life. See you when we see you Sam, take care of yourself and the Hotwit...
    dawgbones

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bummer (also a bummer that this popped up on my blog roll just NOW. Like five days after it was posted!). Good luck in your future endeavors and ship any Dodgers you don't want to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This showed up in my blogroll late as well. Sorry to hear you're leaving Sam, but best of luck to you. I've been in and out of hobby as well so maybe those collecting fires will be reignited down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This showed up in my blogroll a day ago. Blogger is really pissing me off.

    Anyhoo, it's been fun dude. We'll get our trade wrapped up soon and I hope, as many have said, that this is just a hiatus for you. Once Topps starts putting Astros in products I'm sure you'll be captivated once again haha.

    We'll be waiting for your return mang.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed it while it lasted. Have fun with everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  18. best of luck! It was a great blog and 5 years is a lot :)

    lonelyblogs.com

    ReplyDelete