Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's all a blur...

Ok, you all are going to think I went nuts... but really all the cards here are from weeks of purchases that have slowly mounted up on my desk... and I need to share.

So, we'll start with a couple of football cards, one was a bonus thrown into a eBay purchase, the other was a redemption that Panini finally got around to mailing out...
The Turbin is numbered 10/349 while the Graham is 20/199... both are infinitely tradable...

Ok, we're moving now into a group of LCS box/pack purchases...

First up 2013 Panini Golden Age:
Apparently I was destined to pull Dodgers... I offered these up to the great Greg Z but he didn't bite, so they are fair game for any of you who might be interested. However, that Hodges is one sweet looking card, I may decide to keep that one in my collection.

Next up, a couple of high end packs:
And low end results... lol... the C.J. Wilson has sold a few times on eBay for $0.99... awesome. Jones /40 might get me a bit more of a decent trade return: I'm starting at you O's fans, I know you read this blog... ;)

I finally took the bait and bought a box of Bowman Inception, and boy was I glad I did...
These are some sweeeeet cards. I love the card stock and the on-card autos rock. The Seager redemption and the Piscotty are both spoken for, I was hoping to pull a Springer or Singleton but alas I was left disappointed!

Finally, before I left the LSC, I had a final $10 in my pocket. I figured I'd pick up three packs of Panini USA Champions. I got ridiculously lucky, all three packs had an auto! It may be from the mythical hot boxes, but either way, yay me!
Lindor red ink /25?!?!! SWEEEET!!! No clue who Christian Lopes is and Bob Watson's auto will go securely into my collection as he was both a player and GM for my Astros.

Ok, to wrap up this post... I have an EPIC card I didn't think there was a ice cube's chance in hell that I'd get... but I found a BIN or Best Offer on eBay and I low-balled the daylights out of it... and the guy accepted. He drug his feet mailing it, but finally after 2 weeks, it's here... and it's mine all mine!!!!!

Gold solid metal border...


Auto...


Numbered /15...


Certain future HOF'er Craig Biggio!!!!
Man there isn't a single think I don't like about this card. If you haven't seen these gold borders in person, they are a sight to see and hold. They are HEAVY and probably some of the nicest in-pack cards I've seen Topps produce in a long time, if ever. I don't give Topps much credit, but they did well with these metal bordered autographs.

Alright, that's got me caught up for a while, unless otherwise noted, everything here is trade bait pretty much...

Have a great rest-of-your-week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Is that Barrett Barnes up for trade/sell? Like me, he's a former Texas Tech Red Raider, so I would be more than happy to work something out with you if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am interested in that Tommy Davis auto. Please let me check to see if I have an autos to send your way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete